Oh heeeyyyy! Yes, I am still alive! Turns out this whole thing called life is SUPER hard to balance. I had no idea it was so hard to balance a demanding job, blogging, laundry, dishes and two glasses of sangria in one hand.
So what have I done all summer? Well, that’s for another post, but mostly these things have been on my brain.
P.S. IS EVERYONE IN THE WORLD PREGNANT? I swear every day I see like 16 pregnancy anouncement. Okay, the end.
1. How do I get my life sponsored? I would really like to figure this out because I keep on seeing people my age jet off to like Aruba and I’m like, how did I miss this Life Sponsorship 101 class in college? Seriously, I need to know the secret to this because clearly trying to earn money the classic American way is not working for me.
Also, all of these bloggers who are like, “BYE! I’m headed on a cruise!” and I know are single I’m like…. but who is taking these photos for you? I mean can you even be a blogger if you don’t have an #instagramhusband? I NEED ANSWERS! One does not simply just travel without thinking about the possible content that will be created while on a trip. It’s 2016. ALSO HOW DO THEY HAVE ALL THIS VACATION TIME????
2. To say that Hamilton has taken over my life is a understatement. I try to play games of working lyrics into everyday conversations. I get so caught up singing, “I’m not throwing my shot!” that I forget other people are around me seeing me some some air punches because I am so enthusiastic about it that I can’t help but punch the air in a vicious sort of stance. It’s all I listen to at work. In the past four days I’ve listened to the soundtrack six times and pretended I was every single one of the characters as I mouthed the words.
Thankfully my coworkers have also lost their mind and although they are much more low-key about their enthusiasm, can engage in a lively discussion about the history of Hamilton, the actual play, not throwing away their shot and also to make fun of me for my slightly over the top enthusiasm.
3. I moved into my place and threw absolutely all of my energy into decorating and setting up the living room and kitchen. Then I focused on the dining room and bathroom. For some reason I have put off dealing with my bedroom. Nothing about it has worked and one day at work I was sitting at my desk and I just suddenly decided that I hated absolutely every single thing in my bedroom and that night I started ordering stuff like crazy for my new room.
Crazy? Possibly. Worth it? I’ve only gotten as far as ordering a bedspread and curtains and it has already changed my mood 100%. This is now my summer project to perfect this area! I’m trying my luck again with Craigslist, so if you don’t hear from me for a few weeks on social media, call the police.
4. You know it’s summer TV when the most watched episode on Hulu for two weeks in a row is a 20/20 episode. So….I need your TV recommendations! I haven’t been watching as much TV but the weather here is already so suffocatingly hot that I have a feeling I’m going to be watching it more.
5. I legitimately wish someone would throw a Netflix party. A what? A party where we do nothing different than we normally would, but we all sit together and watch Netflix together and call it being social. Summer solstice party? Sure, if you’ve got your act together and want to plan for months and make people wear all white so you can see all their sweat.
But a Netflix party? You just show up with a bag of Cheetos, bring over your favorite drink and put zero effort into getting dressed on a Friday night after a week of work. I think I might have created someone thing brilliant so…..who is going to come over for a Netflix party?