If you’re on this page, you probably are like me and needed some curly hair tips and help! I got frustrated with the amount of “curly” hair articles I read that basically only had TWO waves in their hair and that was the “curl” level they would deal with. Nope. Not exactly going to work for my curls!
As I started blogging, I got more and more emails asking for help on finding your best haircut. Everything from how to talk to a hairstylist while getting a haircut to my most tried and true products. If you have a question that I don’t address here, say hi!
You can also find out my tips for the best curly hairstyles here!
My Favorite Curly Hair Products
These are my favorite products that I use consistently. One of the biggest issues with curly hair products is that they so often tend to add weight and dry out your hair. I’ve finally found the perfect mix for my curly hair that builds volume, holds all day long and doesn’t dry out my hair. Life achievement, unlocked.
Curly Hair Care and Conditioning
Since curly hair tends to be dry, I believe in the power of a 30 minute leave-in conditioner. Cocoa butter conditioners such as this one and this one give me the best results! Here are my keys to a great foundation for your curly hair:
- I do not wash my hair more than once a week. I rinse with water daily to style and re-curl, but never wash more than once a week.
- I use DevaCurl shampoo and conditioner. I highly recommend them as they don’t strip your curls of essential oils.
- I use DeavCurl build-up buster if I’ve gone harder at the gym and notice a slightly itchy scalp.
- I get a lot of questions about how I do my hair since I don’t wash my hair every day. Instead what I do is simply rinse with water, occasionally coating with extra conditioner and I’m set!
- Did I mention again not washing your hair too much? Just though I’d mention it again.
- I do not own a brush. I haven’t for over 10 years. How is that possible? I just run my fingers through my hair when conditioning it. No damage and no knots!
After I get out of the shower, I simply use the products listed above, diffuse and go! It’s been my system for years. You can see how I diffuse my hair in this post.
Oh and one more note, the less you touch your hair, the better! I refuse to let anyone touch my hair, regardless of circumstances. I’m not a dog, do not pet me, a line I’ve had to say an ungodly amount of times.
Curly Hair Tutorials