Hi there! Please note, Old Navy did provide a gift card for the clothing I am wearing from them. Their compensation in no way changes my views or what I want to say. Thanks for supporting me!
I’ve put my life online for about five years now and I’ve never made a summer goals post. Truthfully it’s because I am afraid of coming back and having to say, “Hey, I said I was going to do all of this and I did nothing.” But this is the year that it changes! Summer has a way of slipping by without me even getting anything done and I don’t want those long and glorious summer days to just go by. I feel like younger Alissa would have listed goal that were more like, “wear more hats” and my goals are a lot more experiential now, which is something I’ve been working on! I’ve shifted my focus from things, although I still love things, I’m trying to go for new experiences instead.
Oh! Before we dive in, remember my post about achievable goals? I still have my second quarter goals, but summer always seems like it deserves an extra special set of goals. Also, I don’t understand why we make summer and fall goals but winter and spring we are like eh, no, not worth of making goals for.
Summer Adventure List
- Take an Alissa-Cation – This happened last summer by accident and now I want it to be annual. Some travel plans fell through at the last minute and I ended up having three days off. I dubbed it, “Alissa-cation” and I LOVED it. My goal is to take off a Thursday/Friday this summer and have a four day weekend. That time can be for personal work or creative time! Blogging, dates, errands, collaborations, anything but work I allow myself to do!
- Figure Out My Real Bra Size – I’ve gone up a cup and band size this year but then also went down and now I’m in the middle of both. I have only one decent fitting bra and that just doesn’t work.
- Transplant my Fiddle Leaf Fig – It’s currently in its growing season and you couldn’t pay me to mess with it during that. Because you shouldn’t mess with a Fiddle Leaf Fig too much, I am going to do this ONCE. The less you touch this plant, the better. I just have to commit to what container I want it to be moved to! You can see my plant obsession here.
- Fully Learn LightRoom -I am the last photographer in the world to convert over to LR. Right now I still edit in Bridge + Photoshop. It’s been a higher learning curve than I expected and I haven’t figured out the “look” I am going for.
- Practice Lettering Consistently – I haven’t been as consistent with practicing as much as I should. I found the #letteringonsunday challenge and it’s inspired me to make time to unwind on Sundays.
- Learn How to Braid Curly Hair and Blog Technique When Mastered – This one seems like it would be easy, but curly hair doesn’t really look great when braided. I always want a gorgeous, thick, easy-breezy, braid and that takes about an hour and a mini-meltdown.
- Go Blackberry Picking – I am waiting for the blackberries to be in season so we can go on another day-date, be in the middle of nowhere and I can make jam!
- Cook at Home More – In the Summer, due to the heat, I tend to get extremely lazy and just want to eat whatever is closest and easiest because I think if I have to move when it is 110 and 100% humidity I will melt. I want to find recipes for foods that are easy, good warm and cold and nutritious.
- Go Kayaking – Now this could not be more surprising to anyone who knows me. I HATE being outside and I hate being in the sun. This skin and it do NOT get along. Also, I don’t swim super great. I don’t enjoy being in nature. However, I have been taking about kayaking for months now. I am hoping to turn this into a daytrip and work in glamping or something. I’m willing to be in nature overnight as long as I have AC, a bed, a wall between me and the outside and well, basically it has to be a house.
- Send More Snail Mail – I have set a weekly reminder to send one letter a week to someone. There are few things that make ME as excited as getting a real letter in the mail. It’s just as fun to send it to someone unsuspecting.
I debated adding more things to my list, but 10 goals is quite a lot for basically two months and I still have my quarterly goals to work on.
On a more personal note, summer is actually really the season that I struggle most with my body. Not just because of body image, but for someone who actually has a chest, everything about summer is against you. Off the shoulder tops are not flattering for larger chests and all these off the shoulder tops? Please explain to me how I’m supposed to be wearing a strapless bra for a day and not feel like I am falling out?! I’m not even talking out swimsuit body issues. I’m not even there yet. I’m talking about the basic existence of someone with boobs in the summer. I’m going to talk more about this and how it’s affecting me this year, soon.
What are you doing this summer? I LOVE getting to hear what other people’s goals are! I’m nosy but also they tend to give me ideas of my own. What are you looking forward to this summer?