Jenn over at A Pop of Style kindly nominated me for the Liebster award which was completely shocking and so flattering. Every single time I get a notification that you guys have left me a comment I get excited. Jenn asked me 10 questions and here are my answers:
1. What is one of your favorite pieces of clothing for fall weather?
I cannot live without my skinny jeans. I know this isn’t an earth shattering answer but seriously, jeans don’t get enough credit. Plus lets be real, it’s impossible to find a good pair of jeans and when you do it’s like heaven.
2. If you could dress a guy in the perfect outfit for the summer, what would it be?
Um..I wish you all could see my boyfriend when I take him through the clothing part of Target. He insists it is the women’s department every single time. So there go all my hopes and dreams and my heart sinks. Then he says something smart and I threatened to hurt him. It’s a loving relationship. No really, it is. Seriously though I really love a guy in a good pair of jeans and a button down (almost a chambray) and boat shoes.
3. Outlet malls… love them or hate them?
Wait, you mean to tell me that some people don’t like outlet malls? Please inform me where these people are so I can make them see the light.
4. What is the best deal you ever got on a piece of clothing?
Back when Isaac Mizahi designed for Target he had this amazing pair of heels that were $50.00 and I wanted them SOOOOO badly. I saved and saved (I wasn’t working, I was 16) and purchased them online. Target ended up sending them a) late and b) the wrong package. There was like $200 worth of clothing in that box. I called them and they ended up telling me to just return it to the store and keep the gift card. Not kidding. So I basically made $150.00 off that.
5. What is one beauty item you can’t live without?
Bad Gal “They’re Real” lashes. The end. Bam.
6. Do you have a LBD?
I have like 4. I kind of take that old saying of how vital a LBD is and use it to justify my black dress love.
7. What is the most important staple for an office wardrobe?
A good pencil skirt. No really, it’s not as easy as it sounds. Get a good one, not cheap, not skanky, the slit isn’t too high and it isn’t too short. A good pencil skirt will make men drool and women jealous.
8. How does the blogosphere help you improve your style?
Phew. Seriously, I cannot even tell you how many outfits I have styled that I would have NEVER put together. The colors, patterns, styles, etc. Right now I am really just finding my style and I am definitely better able to identify it now.
9. What is your favorite blog and why?
I have seriously sat here eating Mike and Ike’s wondering what my favorite blog is. Probably Pink Peonies but really I have about 10 major ones that I love.
10. Skirts or dresses? Oh come on! I’ve seriously spent half an hour on these questions and now I have the last one and I’ve sat here another 10 minutes deciding. I say skirts but that is only because I just bought a polka dot skirt and love it.
Some of you have taken the time to email me and tell met that they really support my blogging and have been an incredible support system this past week. It’s truly incredible to me how across the world I still feel like there is a community behind me pushing me to pursue my dreams and be happy. Every single time you ladies comment I am honored and I am so, so happy. I’ve learned so much in these past few months and could not be happier.